Do you feel this way about your body and your health?
I want to share with you all the ways you can help your body to become stronger and more resistant to illness. There are many simple things you can add into your daily routine to make being healthy the easiest option.
There's so much fear in these times. It can feel like you're helpless. You definitely aren't. It's about knowing what to do and then doing it consistently.
All of us are powerful. Your body is very resilient. When you give your body great nutrition and detoxify your system daily, optimal health is possible.
Many of the practices I'm sharing I've done myself for many years. The last cold I had was in January of 2014. I definitely know how to avoid viruses and illness! I want to share this with you so you can also stay healthy and strong.
1) Nutrition is where it all starts. Giving your body lots of vitamins, nutrients and phytonutrients is a way to help keep your Immune System in tip-top shape. Aim to get 9-12 servings of vegetables and fruits a day. Add superfoods to your nutrition protocol to help bring more nutrients into your body. Most of us are deficient in essential nutrients, unfortunately. Aim to make nutrient density one of your nutrition goals.
2) Load up on vitamin C and B vitamins. This helps give your body extra defences when there are viruses floating around. B vitamins also help manage stress and anxiety in your body. Vitamin C gives your body extra support when battling foreign invaders. Below I share my most trusted source for Vitamin C.
3) Prioritize getting 7-10 hours of sleep. When you're sleeping that's when your body is rebuilding tissue and your brain is removing toxins from the day. Sleep also helps reduce stress and inflammation in your body. Figure out exactly how much sleep helps you to feel rested.
4) Laughter is great preventative medicine. According to the Mayo Clinic, the long-term effect of laughter is that it helps strengthen your Immune System. Apparently positive thoughts can actually release neuropeptides that help fight stress and potentially more serious illnesses. Watch a comedy, call a friend and have a laugh, or watch some stand-up comedy on Netflix. Laughter really is medicine!
5) Meditate. Meditation has been shown in study after study to reduce stress and inflammation. Anytime you reduce stress in your body, you boost your Immune System. If you don't already have a meditation practice this is the perfect time to start. There are several guided mediations available on Youtube. Look up Beginner's Meditation or Guided Meditation and you'll likely have content for days! Pick a video and start. Aim for 10-15 minutes of Meditation a day.
6) Be grateful. Similar to Meditation the practice of Gratitude has been shown to elevate mood and reduce stress. It's a very simple practice. Grab a journal and every morning write down three things that you're grateful for. Do this for 30 days and watch how your life unfolds.
7) Wash your hands frequently to avoid spreading germs. This is a very important practice, especially now. If you haven't gotten into the habit of washing your hands, this is the time to start.
8) Gut health is one of the keys to Immune System health. Since 70% of your immune system lives in your gut, making gut health a priority is hugely important to your overall health. It said that all disease begins in the gut. Aim to have 30 different types of plant foods in your diet. The variety of plant foods is very nourishing for your gut microbiome.
For the past year and a half I've been using Biome Medic, C From Nature and Vir-u-sure to keep my gut and immune system healthy. These products are all organic and non GMO without any fillers. There's a great Buy 2 Get 1 free for both C From Nature and Vir-u-sure with the Thanksgiving weekend. You can also get a 4 pack of Biome Medic. You can stock up with Purium's Green Friday Specials and be set until April! Go here and use gift card code balanceyourhealth to get a massive discount on these amazing gut/immune enhancing products!
9) Manage stress levels. This is important at a time when freaking out seems to be the norm. However stressing out won't help the situation. Use meditation, breathing techniques, great nutrition, movement and sleep to help lower your stress levels. You want your immune system to be at its BEST.
10) Move your a$$! Movement is also a great way to help boost not only your immune system, but all the systems in your body. You don't have to run a marathon to move. Keep it simple. Go for a walk around the block, dance in your kitchen, do a yoga class... anything that speaks to you. Your body will thank you and you'll feel better for it!
Those are my top 10 tips. Do your best to add as many as you can into your routine. If you're looking for a way to kick start health join my next group Ultimate Lifestyle Transformation. Contact me to learn more about the Transformation and how it can truly transform your life.
Photo by Ann